Monday, November 23, 2009

Finally, some action!

I've been working with Debt Solutions for months now, and finally there has been some progress. Well, I'm still getting six calls a day from each of my creditors. Even if I answer the phone, they continue to call me. Somehow they don't consider that harassment. I've been keeping track, and those that annoy me the most will be the last to settle, that I can guarantee you. HSBC and Citibank are the two worst. AmEx used to call me once a day, but now they don't call me at all! We've reached a settlement!

I owed them about $10,300.00, and they agreed to settle for $3,040.00: a savings of $7,260!

The kicker is that I have to pay them $1013 on Nov 30, Dec 30 and Jan 30. Ouch. The Nov payment is gonna be a stretch, but the other two are doable. So, I decided it was too good to pass up. Maybe I'll still have money to buy Y's Christmas present. We'll see. Maybe. I did tell him about it, and I told him that meant that we would have to drop several extras from our cell phone service, and also no more McD's or Subway for a while. He seemed very okay with that.

Hope this level of settlement continues, I'd love to only pay 30% of everything. Debt Solutions has already paid for their own fee, just with this one settlement. (Their fee is about $5k.)

Natalie
TX

No comments:

Post a Comment